Rich, colorful leaf displays, cool crisp evenings and shorter days can only mean one thing, Autumn has arrived in Kansas City! Time for pulling fall sweaters from summer storage, gathering around fire-pits, roasting marshmallows and drinking hot apple cider!
Incorporating high-quality lighting into your outdoor living space is the perfect way to upgrade your home for fall entertaining. Outdoor lighting not only adds functionality to your outdoor living area, well-placed lighting also makes your home more secure. And, a well-lit home allows your biggest investment to always look its very best!
Lighting for Style
Perhaps you want to set a soft, romantic mood during the evening hours that can easily be adjusted to be brighter or dimmer. Or, maybe you have a front porch or a shadowy garden corner you’d like to illuminate for security reasons. A path leading through a garden may require landscape lighting to navigate the walkway at night – not to mention unique physical features of your backyard. A bubbling fountain or winding pond may look even more inviting with just the right lighting.
Lighting for Home Security
Outdoor lighting can also provide an effective enhancement to home security. A well-lit home can help discourage potential intruders, minimize potential hiding spots in shadowy corners and put your mind at ease with a better sense of safety.
Your Lighting Plan
It’s important to establish the goals for your lighting system and understand the various lighting options available to meet those goals. Match the reason for lighting to specific needs and locations in your front or backyard.
- Up-lights on a home can highlight dramatic architectural features.
- Softer lighting can be achieved by hiding landscape lighting under shrubs.
- With LED lights, more colors are available than ever before – and can be set to vary from day-to-day or season-to-season.
- Walking paths may benefit from a series of short stake lights along the border – on one side or both. And, you can illuminate a bench along a walkway with one of various types of pole-type lamps placed behind it.
- A decorative water fountain can be enhanced with a colored spotlight – and a pond may benefit from soft LED lighting around the perimeter.
Ready to Get Lit? Time to call Heinen!
No company in Kansas City has Heinen’s level of experience when it comes to custom exterior lighting solutions integrated with creative landscaping planning. Let Heinen help illuminate your way to brighter, more aesthetically pleasing – and more secure – outdoor living spaces! Heinen uses the highest quality exterior lighting fixtures, long lasting, programmable LED lights, and cutting-edge lighting controller technology from innovative manufactures like FX Luminaire. The best lighting technology combined with the Heinen’s skilled lighting professionals means nearly unlimited outdoor lighting design possibilities for your home.