It’s that time of year where trees have lost their leaves and flowers stop growing. But that doesn’t mean our gardens still can’t be beautiful! Here are a few tips to make sure you still love your garden no matter what season it is.
- Many decorative trees, such as dogwoods, have visually pleasing bark and texture. So even without their leaves, they will still beautify your yard.
- Use your hardscape to create focal points in your yard. Lighting and deciduous elements will enhance your landscaping all year around.
- Trees such as crabapples and holly bushes still have berries even when it gets cold. These kinds of plants will add an elegant color against white snow.
- Evergreens make excellent decorative trees even in the winter. They are available in colors other than green, such as yellow and blue, and they keep their color year around.
- Use summer containers such as window boxes and hanging baskets. Fill these with rhododendrons and Japanese andromeda to add the perfect touch of color.
With a little ingenuity your outdoor garden can be a stunning canvas no matter what the season. Call the experts at Heinen Landscape year around to assist with your landscaping needs.